RENT-TO-RENT INFORMATIONAdvantages to renting instead of purchasing:
- Only music store in Chattanooga with full, on-site repair facilities for orchestral and band instruments
- Maintenance repairs are included with your monthly rental payment (see “How Your Damage Coverage Works” section below)
- Can change to another instrument with director approval, if needed
- Lower initial cost compared to purchasing outright
- Rental credit fee up to 12 months applies to purchase (no money lost by renting)
- No-hassle return policy
- Accessories can be customized for each band and orchestra program
- PAY FIRST MONTH'S RENTAL AND GET SECOND MONTH FREE! (May - October only)
After the initial fee payment, your card will be automatically drafted monthly for the rental amount. No exceptions.
Which Instruments Are Available?
Group A: Bell Kit, Clarinet, Flute, Percussion Learning Kit (with Snare Drum), Trumpet, Trombone (Straight), Violin, Viola
Total rental charge: $28.00 per month
($20.00 Rental Fee + $5.62 Damage Coverage + $2.38 Tax = $28.00 per month. Minimum rental charge - No Refunds)Group B: Alto Saxophone, Baritone (3/4 Horn), Cello, French Horn, Oboe, Piccolo
Total rental charge: $52.50 per month
($40.00 Rental Fee + $8.05 Damage Coverage + $4.45 Tax = $52.50 per month. Minimum rental charge - No Refunds)Group C: Bass Clarinet, Euphonium (Full Size 3-Valve ), Tenor Saxophone
Total rental charge: $75.00 per month
($58.65 Rental Fee + $10.00 Damage Coverage + $6.35 Tax = $75.00 per month. Minimum rental charge - No Refunds)
Lost or destroyed rental instruments: call for details.REQUIREMENTS:ALL NON-SCHOOL RELATED INSTRUMENT RENTALS WILL REQUIRE A SECURITY DEPOSIT. (Security deposit will be refunded upon return of instrument, less any outstanding rent or damage other than normal wear.)MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD, HAVE A VALID U.S. GOVERNMENT- OR STATE-ISSUED PHOTO ID, AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. MUST HAVE A DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD WITH A VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, OR AMERICAN EXPRESS SYMBOL. SORRY, WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY PREPAID CARDS.
After the initial fee payment, your card will be automatically drafted monthly for the rental amount. A valid, debit or credit card MUST be on file at all times, no exceptions.
Don't forget: we are a full service repair shop with over 120 years of combined repair experience... if we can't repair it, we won't rent it or sell it! All new instrument purchases are automatically covered by a Giant Steps Music maintenance warranty.
All monthly Rental Fee payments up to 12 months apply toward the purchase of any instrument (sorry, consignment instruments are excluded since Giant Steps does not own them). RENTAL INSTRUMENTS ARE NOT FOR SALE.
Giant Steps offers substantial savings on our "house brand" instruments as well as re-conditioned and consignment instruments. Financing is available on all new and used instruments.
We offer third-party financing on all instruments, new or used, at very competitive interest rates, and usually with flexible terms.
Please feel free to contact Giant Steps Music at any time for more information! Phone: (423) 875-4179. Email: email@example.com.
The rental instruments are owned by Great Southern Instrument Rentals & Sales, LLC. The repairs are made solely by Giant Steps Music Corporation.
EFFECTIVE SCHOOL YEAR 2017-2018
How Your Damage Coverage Works
All the instruments we rent include non-optional damage coverage. This ensures that you always have an instrument in tip-top shape, and it also ensures that it will still be in good working order for the next rental customer. Furthermore, it helps keep your initial investment cost as low as possible.
Your instrument is covered for all general maintenance, and general wear-and-tear. It is very common for woodwind keys to become slightly bent and to need adjustments from time to time, so, therefore, we definitely do not want to penalize you for that. Giant Steps Music recommends that you bring your instrument in for a checkup during major breaks, such as spring break, fall break, Christmas break, etc. Always bring your instrument to Giant Steps Music any time there are any playability issues.
Here are some examples of what your Damage Coverage does NOT include:
- Neglect (such as a major drop of the instrument)
- Intentional abuse
- Altering the instrument or case in any way
- Broken mouthpiece
- Anything that broke after a student, parent, or teacher attempted and failed at fixing the instrument. Please remember that Giant Steps will fix your instrument, so simply take it to the store.
- Lost accessories, case, or instrument parts
- If you have any questions, please let us know.
Returning a Rental
Rental instruments MUST be returned in person to Giant Steps Music Corp. located at 3841 Hixson Pike, Chattanooga, TN 37415. Sorry, we are unable to pick up your instrument for return from your school.
Upon returning your rental, you have 30 days to use any accrued rental credit toward the purchase of one instrument (please see further details in your rental contract). In order to use any accrued rental credit toward the purchase of another instrument, your rental must be surrendered at the same time.
Your monthly rental payments will only stop once your rental is officially returned in person to our store on Hixson Pike, and in acceptable condition.
In order to use your accrued credit toward the purchase of one used store-owned instrument or one new instrument, you must use your credit in person at Giant Steps or at an event hosted by Giant Steps. Note that you may only use your rental credit once the rental has been returned.
The items below must be included in good condition in order to return your instrument; If items are missing or severely damaged beyond general wear and tear, then you will need to replace them before you'll be able to return the instrument and stop rental payments:
- Flute, Piccolo: instrument, cleaning rod, case.
- Clarinet, Bass Clarinet: instrument, mouthpiece, mouthpiece cap, ligature, case.
- Oboe: instrument, case.
- Alto Sax, Tenor Sax: instrument, mouthpiece, mouthpiece cap, ligature, neck strap, case.
- Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Baritone, Euphonium: instrument, mouthpiece, case.
- Violin, Viola, Cello: instrument, bow, case.
- Bell Kit: orchestral bells, practice pad, stand, snare drumsticks, bell mallets, rolling case.
- Percussion Learning Kit (PLK): orchestral bells, snare drum, practice pad, bell stand/snare stand, snare drumsticks, bell mallets, rolling case.
If you have any questions regarding the care and maintenance of your rental instrument, please feel free to contact Giant Steps at any time.If you have any questions at all regarding billing on your current rental account, please call Great Southern Instrument Rentals & Sales at (423) 240-5342, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.